COVID-19 Temporary Changes
As many of you know, many Flagstaff businesses have been ordered to close or limit their services. Cinder Hills will remain open to care for the pets here as well as for those pets that require care so that their pet parents can provide essential services or take care of family members in need. If you are a pet parent in need of our services, please make a reservation in advance whenever possible.
We are changing the way we do some things here at the kennel. Listed below are the temporary changes we are implementing and the dates those will take effect. Please understand that with the large reduction in occupancy, we are doing everything to protect the jobs and the safety of our employees all while providing the best pet care available in all of northern Arizona. We have 8 families that solely depend upon their income from Cinder Hills. It is our hope that we can continue to book enough day camps, day/overnight boardings, and hikes to avoid any layoffs.
We are excited to add full service grooming to our services! Please check out our grooming page for more details.
- We will only allow ONE pet family in our lobby at a time. If you come inside and there is already a pet family in the facility, please wait outside until they leave. Per Coconino County directives, everyone entering our facility MUST WEAR A FACE COVERING. If you don't have one, we can provide you one or you can use our curb side service discussed below. Hand sanitizer is available in our lobby.
- Our restroom is closed to the public for now.
- We are implementing complimentary Curb Side Service for those who desire it. Our staff will come to you in the parking lot and get your pets or bring them to you. We will use our own leads so please keep your pets' collars and leashes with you. We will run your credit card, as applicable, and bring you the receipt for signing. If we don't see you immediately, there will be a table setup on the porch with a radio that you can use to contact us. The radio is properly disinfected by our staff after each individual use. You may also call the front desk. Please be patient with us as we run back and forth to provide you this curb side service.
- We will no longer allow beds and toys from home. We have plenty of blankets and comforters available as well as lots of toys! If there are medical issues, let us know and we will work with you for a solution. You only need to bring your four legged family member, their medications and, if desired, food. Please only bring the amount of food needed for their stay plus a day or two in case you get delayed in returning. Remember that our boarding rates include food, as well! Cat carriers may still be left here as we will wipe them down when we store them.
- We understand that those of you now working from home or are at home most of the day need a break from all of the responsibilities you have. You may not have time to exercise your pets or give them the attention they deserve. Many of us are stressed. Our pets will pick up on this. Let them come and spend the day with us and have a mini vacation! They'll benefit from it and so will you! We will discuss with you our revised protocols when you book. These are things such as using our own leads and not entering your homes. The limousine service will be on a first come, first serve basis.
We very much appreciate your understanding and support during this most difficult time. We anticipate this will all be temporary, but none of us have any idea just how long these measures will be required to protect everyone using our services. Please be patient with us as we iron out these changes! We hope that you and your loved ones stay healthy and safe.