"Playful Paws" Day Camp
Our "Playful Paws" Day Camp is the best group play program in Flagstaff! We are the only facility in which each staff member is trained and certified through the Dog Gurus, the industry's premier and most knowledgeable organization in "doggie daycare" or off leash group play. Our Day Camps are different than most facilities. From our formal evaluation requirement to division into up to 32 different play groups to proper play time/rest period ratios...you won't find a healthier group play program elsewhere!
Why Choose Cinder Hills?
At Cinder Hills, our Day Camp provides structured play and learning opportunities.
- Our play groups are supervised by our fully-trained and certified Pet Care Technicians.
- We never use any form of physical punishment to correct unwanted behavior.
- Dogs are divided into play groups by size, temperament and play style, creating a safe environment.
- We have taken the Dog Gurus Off-Leash Play Safety Pledge as part of our commitment to ensuring the physical safety of all dogs.
Full Day Pricing
20 Day Package
$18.70/day (22% discount)
10 Day Package
$19.90/day (17% discount)
5 Day Package
$20.80/day (13% discount)
$24/day (Full Price)
Day Camp Options
Half Day Option
A half day of day camp is considered 5 hours or less. You may drop your dog off at any time and then pick up within the next 5 hours. Our hours of operation are Monday – Friday (7:30am – 6pm) and Saturday – Sunday (7:30am – 5pm). A half day option is $16. Drop-offs prior to 8am require setting up with staff prior to drop-off.
Day Camp With Boarding
When your dog is having a vacation with us and you're away, they can also join in the daily fun with our Playful Paws Day Camp. For our boarders, we offer a daily rate for Day Camp of $16 per day.
Policies & Requirements
You must apply for and be accepted into our group play setting. A formal evaluation by a Certified Pet Care Technician is required. There is a $25 evaluation fee for the in depth evaluation as it takes a couple of hours to perform and we have to schedule in evaluator dogs to assist in the process. We want to ensure that your family member succeeds in all group interactions, so it is important that multiple aspects of your dog's personality are taken into consideration. We will look at 61 different aspects of your family member's character, personality, temperament, play style, and general demeanor. We utilize "evaluator dogs" in our process so the evaluation needs to be scheduled to ensure we have the evaluator dogs on-site. If your pet's evaluation indicates that they are a good fit for Day Camp, then they can stay in Day Camp for the rest of the day at no extra charge. If they show that Day Camp is not a good fit, then we will take them on a Fun in the Forest hike at no additional cost. Whereas most doggie daycare centers offer two different play groups (large and small dogs), at Cinder Hills our evaluation process results in up to 32 different play group types! Our play groups are typically smaller than most doggie daycare centers as guest safety is our number one priority. If you will be boarding with us and want your dog evaluated for Day Camp, then this can be done during their stay and does not have to be done prior to coming in. Dogs must meet the following requirements:
- Dogs must be at least 6 months old.
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered.
- Dogs must be in good health.
- Vaccinations must be up to date.
- Dogs cannot be possessive of food, treats, people or toys.
- Overall, dogs must be people and dog friendly.
- Currently, we do not conduct evaluations on Sundays due to the scheduling of evaluator dogs.
- All packages expire 365 days after purchase.
Dogs who do not attend day camp at least every 90 days must be re-evaluated before re-entry. New evaluation is required. Fees apply.